Jake is a structural osteopath and utilises a thorough case history with in depth postural and movement analysis to get to the real root cause of your problems. Jake combines manual therapy with exercise and lifestyle prescriptions to help you achieve your goals. Jake has a thirst for knowledge and understanding and as such likes to thoroughly explain the how and why behind your presenting complaint and the potential solutions. Jake has a particular interest in the treatment and management of headaches, neck/shoulder tightness, hip and knee pain with a lean towards chronic or longer term pain.
- Biomechanics Program 4.0 – Conor Harris (2023)
- Evolve Mentorship with Alex Effer (2022)
- Postural Restoration Institute – MyoKinematic Restoration (2021)
- Postural Restoration Institute – Pelvic Restoration (2021)
- Postural Restoration Institute – Postural Respiration (2021)
- BackfitPRO/DR Stuart McGill Level 1, 2 and 3 (2020)
- Shoulder Rehab and Bench Press – Dr Andrew Lock (2019)
- Prehab 101 with Dr Jacob Harden (2018)
- Advanced HVLA (2017)
- Trigger Point Dry Needling (2016)
Jake graduated in 2015 and has since continued to invest in his personal development doing multiple courses with a focus on rehab, breathing and postural correction. Jake believes that every body is unique and that treatment should always involve treating the individual in front of you. Every case is unique and must be treated holistically. Jake views somebody’s posture and how they breathe as the window into their brain and nervous system.
A treatment with Jake will typically start with a thorough case history, a deep assessment of your movement, education as to what is going on and why and then transitions into manual therapy and exercise prescription.
Jake also has a passion for optimising health in all facets of life. He personally works to optimise his health through nutrition, sleep, stress management and exercise and as such may discuss this with you if required. Jake is an open book and loves a deep conversation.
In his spare time, Jake likes going to the gym and hiking. Sci fi (particularly Star Wars and Marvel) and Escape Rooms.