Joanna is a caring and motivated Osteopath that tailors her treatment to the individual. Jo seeks to find the underlying cause to prevent re-occurrence, and enable the patient to self manage in an informed way.
Working in both a rural Osteopathic clinic and an urban clinic enabled Joanna to gain experience in a broad range of conditions and complaints from big burly farmers to newborn babies. Joanna developed an interest in pre and postnatal care early on in her Osteopathic career which she has built on with further training in this area.
- Primitive Reflexes and Neurodevelopmental Delay in Paediatrics (2022)
- Structural Approach to Cranial Osteopathy (2021)
- Lactation Consultant Training (2021)
- Paediatric Manual Medicine (2018)
- Visceral Manipulation (2017)
- DMA Clinical Pilates Unit A and Unit B (2015)
- Myofascial Dry Needling and Cupping (2012)
- Lower Limb Tendinopathy (2012)
- Pregnancy Considerations and Treatment (2011)
- Paediatric Considerations and Treatment (2011)
Growing up in country Victoria, Joanna always had a keen interest in sports, the human body and health. She made the move to the big smoke and completed her Osteopathic degree at RMIT in 2007. Jo has been mentored by respected Osteopaths in Sydney before travelling overseas and finally returning back to her home state, and working in private practice in regional Victoria and Melbourne before moving to the Surfcoast with her family in 2018.
Jo is experienced at treating women during pregnancy, having completed post graduate training in pregnancy and postnatal care and recently additional training in lactation support. Jo enjoys educating pregnant women about what to expect with their changing body and through hands on treatment and exercise advice, Jo provides support to navigate women through pregnancy and beyond.
Jo lives with her husband and three children on a farm in Bellbrae and loves the chaos of family life… most days! A keen gardener, Jo loves tending to her vege patch and orchard, horse riding through the bush and spending time at the beach.