Rebecca (Bec) Burns founded Sequence Osteopathy in 2016 and is a unique kind of osteopath who is constantly challenging herself to undertake further training on her quest to combine her love of yoga and pilates with Osteopathy.
She is known for her strong hands and excellent problem solving skills for complex and chronic conditions. As a qualified Doula and Yoga Therapist, she is very passionate about supporting women throughout their whole pregnancy and birth journey.
- Bachelor of Science (Clinical Science) 2005
- Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) 2007
- Member Australian Osteopathic Association
- Graduate Certificate of Yoga Therapy (2016)
- Advanced Dry Needling Certificate (2012)
- Diploma of Clinical Pilates (Polestar) (2011)
- Advanced Pre Natal and Obstetric treatment (2009)
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (2009)
- Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training (2008)
- Remedial Massage Therapy Certificate (2003)
Bec developed her strong hands whilst working as a Remedial Massage therapist for the Port Melbourne Football Club and within a gym in Melbourne CBD throughout her studies at Victoria University.
Bec’s passion for yoga landed her in the south of India to complete an intense Sivananda yoga teacher training in 2008. She has worked as an Osteopath in numerous clinics in Melbourne and Tasmania. She completed a Diploma of Clinical Pilates with Polestar International in 2011 and has taught pilates at the RACV resort here in Torquay.
Since returning to ‘The Mainland’, Bec has worked at ProCare Sports and Spinal Clinic in Geelong, Karuna Maya Medicine Tree in Jan Juc and at Anglesea Osteopathy.
Bec’s favourite things:
Yoga, gardening, surfing & travel!
Infinite cups of Earl Grey tea
Walking the Ironbark Basin track with her dog Bruno and son Lenny.